There are lots of ways to get involved in the Good Mother Project!
From booking a Good Mother photo session, to sharing your voice & your own photo in the social media movement, to telling your inspirational & uplifting Good Mother Story, we want to hear from you! We are also looking for sponsors for the Good Mother Project photography sessions, and of course, a donation to the Pacific PostPartum Support Society is always welcome!
Celebrate your role as a mother! On Friday, May 8th and Saturday, May 9th, 2015, the Good Mother Project will be hosting Mother’s Day mini sessions by eran jayne photography. Friday’s sessions will take place in New Westminster, BC at The River Market, and Saturday’s sessions will be held at The Birch Tree wellness centre in Ladner, BC. When you book your “Mom & Me” photography session, you’ll receive a 10-minute mini session with Eran, of eran jayne photography, which includes the session, and an online gallery of 3 edited, digital negatives for you to download & keep. The fee for each session is a minimum $20 donation to the Pacific PostPartum Support Society, an organization that supports mothers and their families experiencing postpartum/perinatal distress, depression and anxiety.
For more information about the Good Mother Project photography sessions and to book your session, visit eran jayne photography online.
On Mother’s Day weekend, we encourage you to pass a message of support and encouragement to a fellow mom (and yourself)! Here are just a few ways to share the love:
- Write a message of support, snap a photo, and share on your preferred social channels tagged #goodmotherproject
- Take a photo of yourself and post it with the tags #iamagoodmother #goodmotherproject
- Post a photo of a mother you admire and post it with the tags #youareagoodmother #goodmotherproject
Celebrate mothers and support the Pacific PostPartum Support Society by donating time, services, or financial support. At the moment, we are looking for:
- small donations/items/coupons to include in “goodie bags” for each mom to take home from their “Mom & Me” photography session at The River Market and The Birch Tree (approximately two dozen goodie bags will be created for each event).
- fellow mothers & business owners who might be able to offer a service or perk onsite at the “Mom & Me” photography session event at The River Market and/or The Birch Tree (eg. make-up artists, mini massages, baked goods and/or coffee etc.)
- sponsorship dollars to assist with some of the hard costs of the project
- media sponsors to help spread the word about the Good Mother Project
For more information about sponsoring the Good Mother Project, visit the Sponsorship page.
The Pacific Post Partum Support Society has been supporting mothers and their families experiencing postpartum/perinatal distress, depression and anxiety for over 40 years. The program started in 1971 as a grass roots initiative when a small group of women began meeting at the Vancouver Crisis Line office to share their experiences and support each other around postpartum issues. This established the pattern for their treatment model: mothers supporting mothers. This was a new approach to addressing the issues of postpartum depression and one that has since influenced changes in postpartum support.
Make an online donation to the organization here.
The Good Mother Project wants to hear your story! If you are a writer or blogger (or even an aspiring writer or blogger), and you have an uplifting, inspiring, funny or touching story about your experience as a mother, we would love to include it on our blog. Please visit our Storytellers page for more information on how to be published on the Good Mother Project blog.